Thursday, April 1, 2010

Take it From Me, Parents Just Don't Understand

So one of my students met me outside of class this morning - she looked worried about something - and said hurriedly, "Professor, I'll be in class in a minute. I need to take care of something...." I'm a nice guy, so I told her it was no big deal, to come in when she was ready.

She looked a little agitated and distracted during class, so after we wrapped up and everyone walked out into the hall, I asked her if everything was OK.

"No, my mom's about to kill me."

"Really, what happened?"

"Well, I lost my phone in a taxi this morning....[pause]....and I've already lost a laptop and three other phones in taxis this year - mostly Blackberries. [Then, responding to my stunned look...] Yeah, I know I've got a problem. I'm trying to call around to find the taxi driver. I've got to find it before my mom finds out."

"Wow. I hope you find it. Good luck."

So you can see that even over here in the Middle East, parents are still unreasonable with their children. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment