Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Candy

by Cindy

We've mentioned on Facebook recently that we had Global Days on campus. This is a weekend where the county fair meets a cultural fair.  Global Days is centered around the various countries that are represented within our student population.  You walk around to the different booths / stalls and see the traditional dress, taste the local cuisine, and learn a bit about that country.  While Jeff and I were walking around, he was handed a chocolate candy. A few steps later, he realized that the candy was an Easter egg.  I didn't believe him so I returned to the booth and sure enough, they were giving away chocolate Easter eggs and selling big bags of them.  I picked one up to show Jeff and the lady told me, "They're Easter eggs."  I said, "I know, I'm just surprised."  To which she responded," Why?  Isn't Easter coming up?"  Well, "Yes, but you don't celebrate Easter."  She replied, "It's just chocolate."  Yes, I guess it is.  Just chocolate.

This year, I bought my Easter candy in Palestine.


No comments:

Post a Comment