Friday, February 10, 2012

Tunisian Sweets

by Cindy

My neighbor and I are quickly developing a pattern - "Friday sweet exchange."  You see, every Friday I bake cookies for Jeff and lately I started sharing some with my neighbor. I text her each week and tell her I'm coming over with a few cookies.  Then later in the week, she texts me back with something from her kitchen.  She's from Tunisia so we get different kinds of desserts (a.k.a. sweets) from her.  Here is a pic of the latest batch:


The ones on the left remind me of Pecan Sandies, especially the texture.  They taste like a sweet shortbread cookie.  The donut looking ones are filled with date paste and the ones with sesame seeds on top are like Fig Newtons but are filled with dates - Date Newtons?  They are all really good.

My neighbor's mother is here for three months since she's about to have her baby.  I'm hoping for some really good, homemade food over the next few months!

1 comment:

  1. They look great. These would be great recipes to have. Happy Eating! :)

    ReplyDelete