Sunday, August 23, 2009

The doctor

by Cindy
Shortly after our arrival, I got pretty sick with a head cold / sinus infection. I knew I was starting work soon so I wanted to go to the clinic, get some antibiotics and just get better. I was coughing all night long so Jeff wasn't getting any sleep either.

Jeff was able to figure out where the clinic was on campus so we walked over...
2 minutes to fill out paperwork
2 minutes of waiting until they called my name
5 minutes with the nurse while she took vitals and typed my blood
2 more minutes of waiting
5 minutes with the doctor while he confirmed that I was in fact sick and he wrote my prescription for an antibiotic, cough syrup and nose spray

3 minute walk to pharmacy on campus

1 minute to hand over prescription and her to fill it
1 minute for her to explain that our insurance doesn't kick in until September 1st so we need to pay for the meds out of our pocket. No problem, I just want to get to feeling better. I instantly felt better when the total for the meds was 52.50 Dhs / $14.30!!!!

So to sum up my doctor's visit: It took under 30 minutes and less than $15. I already feel much better and I'm not even finished with my antibiotics yet.

Jeff and I spend more money and stay longer at Starbucks than we did at the doctor!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the email update. Wonderful that you are meeting some really nice people.

    ReplyDelete