Sunday, December 13, 2009

It’s Raining? It’s Raining!

by Cindy

It has been sprinkling here on and off over the weekend but today it is time to go back to work and it is really raining. A decent number of our students commute so it will be interesting to see how many people are actually in class today.

My biggest fear today is the combination of rain and marble surfaces. Early on, I mentioned on the blog that I was going to have to put away the stilettos due to the wet marble in the bathrooms. As it turns out, I had nothing to fear in the bathroom.

I have slipped twice since we have been here. On a side note, both slips were on the same day(?!) which was the day following our all night football watching party. The first slip was outside of our apartment and (importantly) no one saw that one. The next slip was in the business school and (importantly) everyone saw that one. My ankle and knee are still bruised but my pride will be bruised for at least the next four years. Thankfully, college students churn every four years so one day this fall will move out of the “Top 5 Most Embarrassing Moments” in my life. Hopefully today I do not have a fall that tops the Most Embarrassing List. Assuming I don't slip today, I will enjoy the rain while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment