Monday, August 1, 2011

KFC - UAE Style

by Cindy

Thankfully, we can get fried chicken here.  It's just a good and just as greasy and satisfies the urge when the urge hits.  However, there are so notable, okay major, differences between KFC in America and KFC in the UAE.  Take a look at the photo, can you figure them out?  HINT: You are looking for two things:


Were you able to figure it out?  We get hamburger buns (!) instead of the awesome biscuits you get in America. AND, they don't have mashed potatoes and gravy here, we get rice instead.  At least the chicken tastes good!

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried "Texas Chicken" in Mirdif? Rumour has it that it is actually "Church's Chicken" from Texas renamed. I don't know if the "biscuits" are good or not - they're the only ones I've ever tasted but I like them. Mmmm, honey biscuits... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is Church's Chicken but it's not the same kind of biscuit. While they are good, and definitely better than a bun (!) it's just not the same... :)

    -CB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you can't get a mess of fried chicken livers with gravy in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting Qatar, and I just don't understand why they have a bun instead of a biscuit. I'd order a sandwich if I wanted a bun! They don't even give you any butter with it...

    ReplyDelete