Saturday, October 22, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!

by Cindy

This summer Jeff and I tackled the storage unit we have back in America.  I have a love/hate relationship with the storage unit.  I like to see my 'stuff' that is familiar to me and my 'stuff' allows me, in some weird psychological way, to stay attached and grounded in America. However, it seems ridiculous to pay for storage on stuff that, by the time I get around to using it again, will be ruined or non-usable.  So, this summer we went through it, gave a few things away and shipped a few more things to the UAE. 

When we moved to the UAE, we were not sure what we would want or need so we made the best guess.  Now that we've decided to stay indefinitely, we wanted to have more of our 'stuff''.  We shipped two bikes, a lot of golf stuff, kitchen gadgets and my pots and pans.  I have missed my kitchen gadgets and pots and pans.  I love kitchen gadgets.  Every time I would go into Crate and Barrel here I would get home sick because I would see all of these cool gadgets and think excitedly to myself, "I have something like that..."  Which would immediately be followed by a sad thought "...back in storage in America."  But no more!  I now have all my kitchen gadgets and pots and pans.


More pots and pans than two people need.


Enough space for pots and pans for two people.
The obvious next task will be finding a place for all of these goodies!




2 comments:

  1. Cindy, I'm a kitchen person, too! It made me feel happy just reading about your reunification with your pots and pans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't quite fit them all in the space but I was able to find room for them. :)

    ReplyDelete