Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 - Part I

by Cindy

Today we got to celebrate Thanksgiving with the foreign exchange students here at our university.  Our friend hosted the gathering and I cooked for it.  It's nearly impossible to cook for 20 people with a tiny oven and one rack.  I kept reminding myself that people have been doing this for years and it could be a lot worse...

The meal turned out fine and we enjoyed hanging out with the students.  Not all of them are from America so some of them enjoyed turkey and all of the fixins' for the first time.  Mashed potatoes were a hit all the way around - I think they translate to "yummy" in any culture.

Our host, Gary, trying to convince Jeevan to try some of the food .  He was skeptical as he's never seen any of this food before!



The inside crew.

Thanksgiving UAE style - outside.




Tomorrow - another Thanksgiving feast with our faculty friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment