Thursday, September 13, 2012

Home Again - Part 2

by Cindy

When we spend three months away from home we have to plan ahead a bit.  It drives Jeff crazy but I start cleaning out the kitchen about six weeks before we leave.  You know, I start pushing to eat that can of X that I bought on a whim and then never used.  Or I start thinking about finishing off Y out of the freezer that's been there for months.

I suppose the upside is that everything, and I mean everything, gets cleaned out once a year. [Are you reading this mother???].  Ideally we clean the whole kitchen out and then only have to eat out for the last couple of meals before we head off on summer holiday/vacation.

Of course, upon our return, we have to make a major trip to the store to restock our kitchen.  Jeff was gracious enough to do a majority of the restocking this year.  Here is a picture of the goodies we purchased the first day back.  I'm guessing we got about 90% of what we need and we'll be back to the store again in a few days to get the other odds and ends.  And for those of you who know us well, you can find all of the cereal boxes on the right hand side.  I think we have seven or eight different kinds.

For those of you who are curious, we spent 844 dirhams at Carrefour and 636 dirhams at Spinney's.  That's about $403 to get re-stocked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment