Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Little Scoop of Heaven

by Cindy

I have blogged before that we can find Blue Bell ice cream here. It's a strange world because my friends in San Jose and Washington, D.C. lamented how they could not find Blue Bell in their respective cities. Last night though, I found a treasure - not only Blue Bell but a pint of our favorite kind of Blue Bell.
I had to take a few bites before it made it to the freezer and I had to force myself to tell Jeff it was there or else I would eat it all. That's not nice when it is so hard to come by...
I checked the receipt and I paid 10 AED/$2.72 for the pint. I'm not sure how much they are in America but I'm guessing I didn't pay much of a premium. Not that I care, mind you, it went into the shopping basket without me ever even looking at the price. Some tastes of home are worth the sacrifice!

1 comment:

  1. $2.72 is a great deal for Blue Bell! I usually buy it when it's 2/$7 or 3/$11. And, that's my husband's favorite kind, too!

    ReplyDelete