Friday, September 30, 2011

Country Music Reviews

by Cindy

Our newspaper here is not dissimilar from yours.  We have the news along with all of the extra stuff - food reviews and recipes, movie reviews and music reviews.  I was quite surprised last week when we had Country music reviews in our paper. I even double checked to see if it had been written by someone local or if it was from a foreign news source that had just printed in our regional paper.  It was local, totally local.

The reviews seem to be okay, not terribly kind but not too harsh either

This really had me wondering...We just had another really big Virgin store open in one of our (many) malls so I dropped by to see if they sell country music.  To my surprise, they had a small section.  It seemed to be mostly old school - Willie Nelson, Johnnie Cash, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers.  A few more recent artists in Faith Hill and the Dixie Chicks along with 'The Best of Ally McBeal'.  [Go figure on that one.]

I guess the bottom line is that you can in fact get country music in the UAE!








No comments:

Post a Comment