Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Family Time Part IV

by Cindy

We concluded our American Tour with time in the DFW area to see my family.  I'm fortunate that my mom, dad, brother and some extended family all live in the Metroplex area.  Unfortunately, I got confused about what day we left town, so I was not able to catch up with extended family this year.  The only friend I was able to catch up with was one I haven't seen in 7 or 8 years so it was nice to see her.

We enjoyed our time with family over long dinners, Labor day weekend at the lake and playing with my niece who has grown quite a bit this past year.  Jeff and I always try to get in some American Football while we are in town so we enjoyed the LSU vs. Oregon game this summer at Dallas Cowboy stadium.  My brother even got us some tickets to a suite for the second half of the game.  It's nice to have connections!  In Arabia, we call that 'wasta' which translates to 'influence'.

Here are some pics from our trip:
At the game with my brother and his wife.

Before the game started.

From the suite - joining us were Chavi and Dan.


Reagan, 21 months, ready for the LSU game.

My nieces, Reagan and Haley, 6 years.  Swimming at the lake.

Reagan swimming at the lake.

The squirrels eating corn at the lake.  They even have their own lounge chair!

2 comments:

  1. I hate that I missed getting to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Next year we will plan better and more in advance so we can catch up.

    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete